Jump To Topic
The Zimmer Persona Personalized Knee System is a semiconstrained knee prosthesis that employs modular components between the tibial plates and articular surfaces. 1 Made by Warsaw, Indiana-based Zimmer Inc., the device is intended to resurface the articulating surface of the femoral, tibial and patellar bones. 2
Causes of Knee Pain
This Zimmer knee replacement device is indicated for patients with severe knee pain and disability due to:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, traumatic arthritis and polyarthritis
- Collagen disorders, and avascular necrosis of the femoral condyle
- Post-traumatic loss of joint configuration, particularly when there is patellofemoral erosion, dysfunction or prior patellectomy
- Moderate valgus, varus and flexion deformities
- Failed previous surgical attempts to save the knee
- Unrepairable flexion instability
Zimmer Knee Replacement Devices
This device is intended for use in either posterior cruciate retaining or sacrificing surgical procedures. It is manufactured in an array of component sizes and shapes. It is advertised as offering multiple constraint options to facilitate component fitting and soft-tissue balancing.
Cruciate-retaining femoral provisionals and components can be used when the posterior cruciate ligament is intact. They can also be used when the posterior cruciate ligament is sacrificed or deficient and removed, provided ultracongruent articular surface provisionals and components also are used.
The device is described as allowing a surgeon to employ a midvastus, subvastus or parapatellar medial arthrotomy approach, with the patella either everted or subluxed.
Zimmer makes total- and partial-knee systems, knee components, knee-revision systems, knee instrumentation, and cartilage-repair products.